Community HOME Investment Program (CHIP)
2017 CHIP Notice of Funding Availability
The Georgia Department of Community Affairs will award $3 million in 2017 Community HOME Investment Program (CHIP) funds to communities to provide home repairs and new construction of single family homes for resale.
Homeowner Rehabilitation: CHIP funds may be used to assist existing low income homeowners by providing rehabilitation assistance to their homes.
New Construction: CHIP funds may be used to build single family homes for low-to-moderate income homebuyers.
Eligible CHIP applicants may include:
- Local governments that have not been designated by HUD as a Participating Jurisdiction (PJ) for the HOME program
- Nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) tax status, or
- Public Housing Authorities
Applicants with more than 50% in unspent balances in current CHIP awards will not be eligible for 2017 CHIP funds.
Applicants must meet one of the following four criteria to be eligible for funding:
- Managed CHIP directly in the past,
- Hired a grant administrator with experience managing CHIP,
- Plans to hire a grant administrator with experience managing CHIP, or
- Has at least five years of experience managing federal funds for affordable housing activities
Only one application per county will be funded. If two cities within a county or a city and the county within the same county apply, only the one with the highest score will be awarded funding
Reach Us Here
Community Development Specialist